The Travel Corporation is a highly successful international travel group with over 25 award winning brands. These include luxury hotels and boutique river cruise ships, niche tour operators and other leisure interests. The Travel Corporation’s guiding principle is one of providing the most enjoyable, enriching travel experience for its customers across the globe.
Senior Systems and Network Engineer
The Travel Corporation is a successful global player in the Travel Sector which is a highly competitive and fast-moving industry.
The development team is composed of a number of agile teams with an ever expanding portfolio of applications to support the global business. We believe in fully owning our applications, right from writing the code, through to building and maintaining our own infrastructure using AWS and utilising continuous deployment. We pride ourselves on building amazing teams who strive to improve by the day and enjoy taking on new challenges.
We like to look after our team, so through social activities, innovation time, perks, this is what we do. From Playstation comps, beer/wine Fridays, quarterly pizzas, bi-weekly breakfast, we've got it covered! On top of this, we are based in a fantastic location next to Hyde Park (great if you like to go for a lunchtime walk/run).
A global player and world leader in the travel space is seeking an exceptional Senior Systems and Network Engineer to join a dynamic team to support and troubleshoot infrastructure-related problems including route cause analysis and resolution. Driving and determining impacts of change for improvement in the infrastructure environment; a strong operational focus; and the ability to deliver quality support and recommendations on technical infrastructure issues and improvements are vital to this role. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and highly productive solution-driven Network and System specialist to join an established team.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in a similar role using the skills and technologies listed below.
Operating Systems - Linux, Windows Server 2012 or above, Windows 7 or above
Other Systems - MS Exchange 2010, MS Active Directory, MS Office, Citrix, Sun Open Office, VMware, Nagios, Symantec Products (Backup Exec and SEP), Avaya IP Office.
- Experienced in maintaining network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
- In depth knowledge of the network types LAN/WAN and WiFi.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g. IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools (ie Solarwinds, Wireshark etc.)
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support
- Good understanding of various networking vendor equipment both CLI and GUI.
- Experience in implementing RADIUS.
It is essential that you have one or more of the following:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA)
- CheckPoint experience, preferably certified
- CompTIA Network+
It is highly desirable that you have one or more of the following:
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) - Windows 7 and 2008
- GIAC Certified Windows System Administrators (GCWNs)
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification (MOSC) - Office 2010
- CompTIA Security+
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- ITIL Foundation Level Certification
It is also important that the candidate has:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- The ability to work in the UK
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, configure and install various network devices and services (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, etc.)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Proactively identify, analyse, and resolve network and system problems, performance issues, and computer resource allocation
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to team members to increase skill sets and understanding of data, systems, and architectural design
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors, and contract consultants as needed
- Contribute to the development and documentation of corporate policies and procedures as related to network, system, and device use and security
- Provide second-level help desk support. This requires resolution of user and network issues beyond the first level help desk expertise or security capabilities
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security structure
- Maintaining business continuity to ensure the business continues to function during in the event of a disaster
- Willing to travel to other offices as required. Occasional overseas travel required