The Travel Corporation is a highly successful international travel group with over 25 award winning brands. These include luxury hotels and boutique river cruise ships, niche tour operators and other leisure interests. The Travel Corporation’s guiding principle is one of providing the most enjoyable, enriching travel experience for its customers across the globe.
Visit the TTC website >
Director of Sales & Business Development
Company: Trafalgar, CostSaver, Insight Vacations & Luxury Gold
Reports to: CEOs
Location: Central London
The company and brands
Trafalgar Travel has been creating exceptional guided holidays for over 70 years. With more than 230 trips to worldwide destinations, including Europe, North & Central, South America, Asia and Australia & New Zealand, Trafalgar continues to offer new ways to travel every year.
Trafalgar were the first to create Insider Experiences; enabling guests to appreciate their destination through genuine local experiences, such as dining with locals in their homes.
CostSaver gives you more bang for your buck. With prices that won't break the bank, CostSaver offers incredible holiday experiences and inclusions at unbeatable prices. We carefully-craft each trip to cover the essential sights and include a choice of Optional Experiences - excite your senses on an adventure packed full of fun. Filled with free time, you'll have lots of me time to indulge in your interests.
As a global leader in premium escorted travel, Insight Vacations has been crafting magical journeys for 40 years that embody The Art of Traveling in Style. Through meticulous planning, detailed preparation and boundless passion, Insight's collection of award-winning itineraries showcases the most outstanding destinations in Europe and North America. Guided by a highly-skilled Travel Director, guests can look forward to traveling in smaller groups, savouring authentic dining and enjoying a range of immersive Insight Experiences.
Luxury Gold elevates the concept of the modern luxury vacation, opening doors around the world to places and people guests wouldn't dream possible. Our dedicated, passionate Travelling Concierges take care of everything while guests relax and enjoy unique behind-the-scenes VIP experiences, exceptional dining, and hand-picked luxury accommodations. Our remarkable itineraries open travellers' minds to an astonishing journey of wonder, adventure and learning on carefully crafted small-group journeys.
Trafalgar Travel, CostSaver, Insight Vacations and Luxury Gold are part of The Travel Corporation which includes other leading travel brands such Contiki Holidays, Uniworld Boutique River Cruises and Red Carnation Hotels. The Travel Corporation is represented by over 40 sales offices and 10,000 team members globally, whilst serving over 2 million guests annually across more than 70 countries. We're a fourth-generation family owned business and pride ourselves on delivering outstanding quality of service, experience and value.
The role at a glance
The Director of Sales & Business Development will act as the primary architect and executor of the UK & Ireland sales, marketing and distribution strategy to achieve sales growth with the existing trade customer base. As well as targeted new business opportunities, via all channels including trade, third party partnerships and direct.
This key role, reporting into the CEOs and with high visibility within the business will help drive the company's ambitious and rapid business growth plans, and will suit a determined and experienced sales professional who wishes to work within a dynamic organisation and enjoys being part of a global team and organisation.
- Full management responsibility of the UK & Ireland sales and marketing function
- Develop and implement a strategic sales plan with the goal of increasing trade (retail and wholesale) sales and building greater awareness of the brands within an established budget
- Develop and maintain the key relationships with established accounts to effectively maximise sales and revenue opportunities through personal contact, site visits, training and through presentations at events, conferences etc.
- Support the vision of the Executive Team and ensure that the current messaging is being delivered and clearly articulated
- Lead the small team, providing strategic vision and direction and ensure consistent implementation of SalesForce CRM and Consultative Sales Process (CSP)
- Source and develop new opportunities with the UK travel trade, through third party partnerships and affiliates e.g. loyalty schemes, media partnerships etc.
- Implement strategic marketing plans working closely with the Marketing Manager and provide input and feedback regarding the marketing plans and promotions
- Represent at trades shows, conferences and other trade events as required
- Participate in agency consumer sales events and escort travel agency FAM trips
- Development of sales forecasts, business plans, budgets, targets and associated tracking and monitoring
- Partner as appropriate with staff at all levels within Trafalgar Travel, CostSaver, Insight Vacations and Luxury Gold and other Travel Corporation brands
- Work with team to ensure they receive appropriate product training and that highest level of customer service is delivered to customers
- Be the Brand Ambassador for Trafalgar Travel in the UK
- Proven track record in a Senior Sales and Business Development role
- A self-directed effective leader and team motivator
- Background experience within a B2B provider of travel services or within another industry which shares a dynamic profile to travel
- Able to demonstrate success in building third party commercial partnerships
- Good knowledge of the direct distribution landscape and digital flair
- An articulate, determined, innovative and passionate individual who will be hugely excited about the opportunities this role presents
- A strong communicator and relationship builder with entrepreneurial talent, able to demonstrate a successful commercial track record of growth as a sales leader with a true 'hands-on' style
- Analytical, well organised and able to drive to change
- Good at identifying the problems and finding innovative solutions
- Excellent skills in creating and delivering presentations to individuals and large groups. Effective public speaker
- Thinks outside the box
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Knowledge of SalesForce and Consultative Sales Process (CSP) advantageous
- Frequent travel required - local, nationwide and international