Operations Supervisor - North America
November 1, 2018
Job Title: Operations Supervisor - North America
Department: Operations Department
Reports to: Global Head of Operations
Based: Anaheim, California.
We're not your average travel company. We link up the best cities and destinations in Europe, Asia, USA and Canada with a commitment to the independent traveler to make their time, cash and experiences go further. By being the alternative choice, we have remained dedicated to our freestyle form of travel and our unique Hop-on Hop-off flexible coach network.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Busabout Operations Team. The main task of the Operations Supervisor North America is to ensure the successful day to day running of our USA & Canada tour products by providing front line support and services to our Crew and Suppliers in the region. The role entails the full operational supervision of Busabout's North American operation including recruitment, training, planning and sequencing of guides to scheduled departures, coordinating all associated guide logistics, liaising with local agents and suppliers regarding operational issues, emergency response and communication with the Global Head of Operations, and assisting with brochure and web production.
This position will be a play a key role in developing Busabout's newest operating region, ensuring a successful entry to market and future success.
- Constantly seek to improve, develop and enhance Busabout product in North America whilst ensuring product is delivered as per brochure itinerary.
- Be the main point of contact for global selling regions, ensuring that information needed to sell product is provided.
- Assist with contracting accommodation & excursion suppliers.
- Full supervision and performance management of all Busabout Guides in the region.
- Sequencing of Guides to specific Product and departures.
- Coordinate logistics of Crew; organizing transport, accommodation and supporting services to fulfil operating requirements. Ensuring Crew are fully briefed, organized and resourced to deliver.
- Co-ordinate recruitment, staffing and training for North American tours.
- Review and follow up on crew, passenger, and operational reports in a timely manner.
- Liaise with local agents and suppliers regarding operational issues received, providing timely feedback to all parties and highlighting any significant areas to improve.
- Resolve issues as they occur and liaise with relevant parties as and when required.
- Ensure product costing information is kept up to date, assisting with yearly costing / pricing process where required.
- Preparation of information for brochure production, tour info sheets production and website.
- Ensure that the website itinerary and details shown are correct.
- Submit a detailed monthly report and financial expenses to the Global Head of Operations.
- Be contactable on allocated work phone at all times. To include out of hours crew inquiries
- Ability to work alone and self-motivate, along with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Extremely well organized and methodical, with an eye for detail.
- Effective communication and delegation skills.
- Proactive in both developing processes that are in place and coming up with new ideas to streamline the operation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within tight deadlines and budgets.
- Show flexibility with the ability to work weekends, non-standard office hours and spend time out of office as required.
Technical Skills Required
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of operating regions, products and delivery.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
Communication Skills Required
- Strong English language verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with and relate to international suppliers and Tour Guides.
- Experience in dealing with people, staff and stakeholders.
- On-Road Tour Management or Operational experience in North America preferred.
- Experience in logistics and/or travel itinerary planning.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to live and work in the USA.
Application closing date: Monday 3rd December.