Head of Digital Marketing
Travel Corporation UK/Europe
August 9, 2019
The Travel Corporation is a highly successful international travel group with over 25 award winning brands. These include luxury hotels and boutique river cruise ships, niche tour operators and other leisure interests. The Travel Corporation’s guiding principle is one of providing the most enjoyable, enriching travel experience for its customers across the globe.
Visit the TTC website >
Head of Digital Marketing
We are looking for a passionate, performance focused digital marketer to lead the email marketing, CRM and social media functions for our premium and luxury guided vacation brands. Based at our Global HQ in Geneva and reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, you will manage a team of 5, split between Geneva and Toronto.
You will be responsible for planning, leading and executing email and social media activities for both B2C and B2B audiences. You will also support the regional marketing teams with bespoke email marketing campaigns, providing guidance on branding, messaging, content and creative. You will partner with our global marketing and paid media teams to deliver multi-channel digital campaigns to support product launches and key promotional periods. You’ll need a good head for analytics and be able to guide your team to make data-based decisions that drive performance.
Already an experienced team leader, you will thrive in fast-paced environments, be adept at delivering a high volume of projects concurrently and not be phased by tight deadlines. Your technical skills still need to be fresh, enabling you to be fully hands-on to get the job done when required, whether it’s building an email campaign from scratch or pulling an analytics report.
Collaborative in your approach, you’ll be comfortable working with key stakeholders in different time zones and willing to flex your schedule accordingly.
- Create a comprehensive digital marketing strategy for both brands, identifying new opportunities and initiatives that drive sales and engagement across all channels
- Increase engagement in the B2C and B2B email programmes, through segmentation and re-targeting techniques
- Develop and manage an email test and learn plan to improve the performance and relevancy of the global programme
- Deliver multi-channel digital marketing campaigns in conjunction with the global marketing and paid media teams
- Build advocacy through social channels, communicating relevant messages about our brands and products
- Build high level reports that communicate digital marketing performance against KPIs
- Draw insights from your reports and propose recommendations to improve results
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing Communications and Head of PR to manage the global campaign calendar and identify key promotional opportunities throughout the season
- Develop and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with the global marketing team,
- regional marketing teams, web team, paid media marketing team, CRM team and PR teams
- Manage a growing team split between two office locations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ digital marketing experience of which 5 must include managing email marketing, 3 managing social media accounts
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading, managing and motivating teams with accountability for managing performance and personal development
- Marketing, business, or similar relevant Bachelor’s degree. Post-graduate qualifications in marketing or digital marketing an advantage
- Proven track record of developing and delivering multi-channel digital campaigns with clear KPIs
- Solid experience with email marketing tools (Marketing Cloud a strong advantage) able to build templates, establish segments and triggers, deploy and optimise email campaigns
- Extensive knowledge of email best practices, including template design, A/B testing, segmentation and analytics/performance management
- Strong understanding of CRM systems (Salesforce an advantage)
- Proficient and up-to-date knowledge of key social media platforms and best practice (Sprout Social an advantage)
- Expertise in a range of web analytics tools, Google Analytics, Omniture, WebTrends
- Complete fluency in English (English mother tongue preferred)
- Background in the travel, hospitality, lifestyle or ecommerce industries is a plus
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High attention to detail and a good eye for aesthetics and design
- A self-starter with an unwavering can-do and problem solving attitude
- Flexible and adaptable approach, with a willingness to support out of hours work and international travel due to the global nature of the role
- Confidence managing a team, both locally and overseas
- A passion for travel and an appreciation of remarkable experiences.
Please apply with CV and supporting covering letter. Please note that we can only consider candidates that meet the following requirements:
- Swiss residents or EU nationals with valid Swiss working permit; or
- UK citizens willing to relocate