Travel Corporation UK/Europe
January 2, 2019
The Travel Corporation is a highly successful international travel group with over 25 award winning brands. These include luxury hotels and boutique river cruise ships, niche tour operators and other leisure interests. The Travel Corporation’s guiding principle is one of providing the most enjoyable, enriching travel experience for its customers across the globe.
Visit the TTC website >
Project Executive to the Director of Operations
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to join our European Operations Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing various projects within the Operations Department, including assisting with day to day business and in supporting the Director of Operations directly with administrative and practical requirements as well as all Internal Departments as and when required.
This role is specific to six brands within the Travel Corporation - Trafalgar, Insight Vacations, CostSaver, Luxury Gold, Brendan Vacations, and Transat
- Support and assist Director of Operations
- Initiate Special Projects & Initiatives for Director of Operations
- Budget management
- Support Recruitment initiatives in liaison with colleges and universities for entrance positions
- Support Recruitment initiatives for new TD in liaison with Brand Managers
- Management of Conference Organisation and Supporting Management of Event
- Right hand Support to Crisis Manager
- Handling confidential information
- Ability to manage certain supplier contracts
- Support to Management of Operations HR requirements re staff development and care
- Support, instigate initiative and monitor of Ground Handler Management
- Monitor of hotel book out and outstanding placed compensation
- Ability to investigate and compile reports
- General administration and record keeping for all departmental responsibilities.
- Organising team building events
- Travel arrangements for Director of Operations & wider operations team as required
- Assistance in writing of Travel Director contracts and associated polices
- Manage and develop social Media Accounts/Postings
- Ability to investigate and monitor impacts/requirements - Brexit/GDPR/PCI
- Act with autonomy, make decisions and take action in line with company policies.
- Identify resources required to meet objectives and manage these resources in the most efficient manner.
- Supporting other departments during the low season or in Directors absence.
Key Skills Required
- Proven ability to provide clear leadership and direction
- Pro-active, strategic thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to think clearly and make decisions under pressure
- Ability to multi-task whilst working under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent project planning
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- People focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- General computer literacy with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office & Excel
If you're interested in applying, please apply with your CV with a covering letter explaining why you feel this challenging yet rewarding role could be for you by Monday 14th January