Technical Lead - NodeJS
December 6, 2018
The Travel Corporation is a highly successful international travel group with over 25 award winning brands. These include luxury hotels and boutique river cruise ships, niche tour operators and other leisure interests. The Travel Corporation’s guiding principle is one of providing the most enjoyable, enriching travel experience for its customers across the globe.
Technical Lead - NodeJS
The Travel Corporation is a successful global player in the Travel Sector which is a highly competitive and fast-moving industry.
The development team is composed of a number of agile teams with an ever expanding portfolio of applications to support the global business. We believe in fully owning our applications, right from writing the code, through to building and maintaining our own infrastructure using AWS and utilising continuous deployment. We pride ourselves on building amazing teams who strive to improve by the day and enjoy taking on new challenges.
We like to look after our team, so through social activities, innovation time, perks, this is what we do. From Playstation comps, beer/wine Fridays, quarterly pizzas, bi-weekly breakfast, we've got it covered! On top of this, we are based in a fantastic location next to Hyde Park (great if you like to go for a lunchtime walk/run).
The Technical Lead will be working closely with the architecture community to design technical architecture solutions as well as collaborating with senior developers to realize architecture plans and develop this into high and low level designs, whilst delivering against industry for best practice, utilizing emerging processes and development methodologies.
The projects that the teams are involved in are high business critical, so we are looking for a Technical Lead who is well experienced/versed in technology, ecommerce and back office systems and working in an Agile driven environment. The more complicated the projects you have been involved in the better; we are looking for a person with a "can do" attitude.
The candidate will ideally have a proven track record as a lead software developer with a degree or equivalent in computer science and have commercial experience in designing and developing Enterprise Applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing to Design, Development and Deployment
- Automated Testing (E2E, integration)
- Lead development and code review activities, ensuring the application of the appropriate software standards, techniques, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Mentoring/sharing with other teams
- Champion agile development principles: continuous integration, refactoring, peer reviews, TDD, knowledge sharing, etc.
- Contribute to release planning and impact analysis
Experience and Skills
- Proven experience of software design
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent TDD and BDD
- Strong OO skills
- Experience with large scale deployments (high availability, scalability, resilience, API security)
- Experience in AWS technologies, or other cloud solutions
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Solid experience with CI and/or CD (GitHub, TeamCity, Jenkins, CodeDeploy, ECS, Docker)
- Mocha/Jasmine, or other testing framework
- Amazon Web Services
- MySQL (RDS), DynamoDB