Sales Manager (UK Wide)
May 7, 2019
Reports to Position: Senior Sales Manager (UK)
Senior Manager: Head of International Sales - AAT Kings
The purpose of this position is to drive the increase of revenue & passenger numbers from specified regions within UK market/s. With the current market trends there is an opportunity to drive sales acquisition through new wholesale partners and develop/strengthen our current trade partners across the UK.
The Individual We Are Looking For
We are on the hunt for an excellent Sales person and someone that is self-motivated, results orientated and hungry to drive daily sales acquisition! We are looking for an individual that tirelessly strives for building key business relationship and understands the art of trade sales partnerships with a core focus on going the extra mile to get the job done. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to really grow in this role plus the scope to continually learn and mature as a Sales professional - we promise you that!
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the key brands under The Travel Corporation family.
Key Result Areas & Activites Performed
- Achieve sales growth objectives & passenger/sales targets from specified regions/key accounts across the UK, and Netherlands Markets.
- Negotiate increased product inclusions of the guided, short breaks, day tours and Inspiring Journeys range.
- Prepare, maintain and execute annual sales call plans.
- Maintain regular contact with portfolio of key accounts though field sales.
- Monitor and report on sales performance on key accounts on a regular basis and or ad hoc basis.
- Assisting and managing the Commercials of key accounts through existing & new partnerships.
- Attend Trade/Consumer Shows as required independently or as part of the AAT Kings Sales Team.
- Provide support to all partners as required.
- Conduct weekly sales reports identify market trends, highlighting sales opportunities and recommending any corrective action required.
- Report on competitor activity and other relevant market intelligence/ information in a timely manner to management.
- Update and maintain Salesforce CRM system capturing all major contact (field and electronic), including recording of follow-up actions.
- Implementation of incentive programmes with our trade partners/distributors.
- Apply a 'can-do' attitude - including willingness to go the extra mile to achieve desired results, and must have a goal driven attitude.
- Work closely with Guernsey reservations team on training and development
- Other duties as required.
- Desirable - Relevant qualification in Tourism/Travel
Essential - At least 5 years previous experience within a retail sales environment and a proven track record of achieving results, an extensive knowledge of high street agencies and their distribution channels, knowledge of Australia and New Zealand product is essential.
- Essential - Proficiency in MS Office (primarily Excel & PowerPoint)
- Essential - Knowledge of Australian & New Zealand tourism products
- Essential - In-depth knowledge of UK travel trade and distribution
- Essential - knowledge of high street agencies and their distribution
- Essential - Wholesale knowledge
- Desirable - Knowledge of the AAT Kings products
- Desirable - Knowledge of our competitors product in relation to AAT Kings
- Experience with wholesale clients in Scandinavia
- Experience of putting together integrated Sales and Marketing plans
- Contracting experience and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Business Acumen
- Well-developed conflict resolution
- A team player with the ability to work unsupervised
- Possesses tact, diplomacy and an understanding of business confidentiality
- Actively practices team work
- Client relationship building
- Excellent research skills
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong quality service attitude and approach
- Projects enthusiasm and motivation
- Develops organisational capability
- Responsive to organisational and team needs
- Solves problems
- Commits to organisational goals and objectives
- Results focussed
- Attention to detail
- Decision making and ability to deputise for direct report
- 4/5th of the week spent visiting travel agents on training or sales calls
- 1/5th of the week spent on administrative duties
- Regular domestic travel within the UK (North & South)
- Travel to the Netherlands Market (2 x Per Year)
- International travel may be required
- Must hold a full and clean drivers licence and have access to a vehicle, or vehicle will be provided
- Some Weekend & evening work may be required